About Kevin Ott and This Blog

Kevin is a writer and a worship leader who is beginning a project called "David's Tabernacle." In this worship experiment, Kevin will attempt to organize a worship "center" in his church where people are worshiping 24 hours a day, seven days a week in worship team "shifts," slightly similar to how King David set things up in his tabernacle. The vision is simple: create a place where worship is happening round the clock, where Christians can come at any time, day or night, to "glorify Christ and enjoy Him forever," as the Westminster Catechism says. You can learn more about Kevin at his website.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

My Review of Colony House's New Album "When I Was Younger" and a Shout-Out from Steven Curtis Chapman

I recently stumbled upon what is quickly becoming one of my favorite albums of 2014: a three-piece rock outfit from Franklin, Tennessee called Colony House. They remind me of some of the bigger bands out there (The Killers, Foster the People, Vampire Diaries) but with a very subtle but appealing ’80s indie twist (New Order, The Psychedelic Furs, The Cure). If you like great rock bands, then PLEASE read my review of Colony House and check them out. I poured my heart and soul into writing the review simply because the music really grabbed my heart. To my utter joy and surprise, my review prompted a personal shout-out from legendary artist Steven Curtis Chapman (see screenshot below), who’s the father of some of the band members. What a treat/joy (and thank You God for these opportunities to share articles with the music community!). Here’s the review; check out the band and enjoy their music: http://ift.tt/1rwDOtf






from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1yB7cRH

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment